Asset & Sustainability, Principal page is loaded
Asset & Sustainability, Principal Apply locations Kuala Lumpur, MY-AIA Malaysia time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job requisition id JR-37775
FIND YOUR 'BETTER' AT AIA
We don’t simply believe in being ‘The Best’. We believe in better - because there’s no limit to how far ‘better’ can take us.
We believe in empowering every one of our people to find their 'better' - in the work they do, the career they build, the life they live and the difference they make. So that together we can support even more people - including our own - to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
If you believe in better, we’d love to hear from you.
About the RoleThis role is responsible for Asset Management of AIA Real Estate Investment and Mortgage Department, ensure AIA Real Estate Investment (REI) Department function efficiently with proper control, accuracy and due compliance with relevant laws, regulatory guidelines, and internal policies, and strategize and lead the Sustainability/ESG initiatives for AIA owned properties.
Real Estate Investment & Sustainability
- Assist the Head of Department to conceptualizing real estate investment and financing propositions, explore and analyze investment opportunities, prepare investment presentation decks, tracking, and monitoring of financial performance of the portfolio of real estate, and participating and leading selected asset enhancement initiatives.
- Strategize and lead the green building strategies for AIA owned properties set by management
- Manages the overall financial health of the real estate investment portfolio
- Responsible on procurement functions and vendor management for AIA investment properties upgrades and projects
- Ensure the department comply with AIA Investment Governance Framework (IGF) and REI Sustainability/ESG guide
- Responsible to conduct annual review on operating procedures and guidelines
- Lead and ensure completeness of all Sustainability/ESG project documentations to protect AIA’s best interest. Comply with AIA governance framework by obtaining the necessary internal and external approvals.
- Supervise project scopes and objectives and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop capital improvement ideas and lead the process from defining scope, engineering design, construction, and commissioning of the project
- Guide the team with up-to-date knowledge of furniture, fixtures, and equipment, construction materials, fabrication, and installation techniques, along with new products and processes to assure state of the art planning, review assistance and potential cost containment.
- Act as Project Manager on new project as when needed.
Reporting, Ad-hoc Project & Others
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly submissions and manage all reporting, monitoring, queries, enhancement, training, and issues / problems in accordance to Bank Negara Malaysia’s guidelines and requirements.
- Carry out any other projects as delegated by the Management from time to time.
- Master/ Degree in Business/ Finance/ Banking/ Real Estate/ Engineering/ Architect/ Interior Design or any other relevant education or related experiences.
- CFA in ESG will be added advantage.
- Have at least 15 years of related working experience in Investment, Real Estate, or related industry and a minimum of 10 years' experience at managerial level.
- Sound understanding of Green Building Concept and Certification.
- Conversant with Legal/ Statutory/ Regulatory policies and guidelines relating to Real Estate industry.
- Other skills – proficiency in AutoCAD, MS Office, effective verbal and written communication skills.
Build a career with us as we help our customers and the community live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives.
You must provide all requested information, including Personal Data, to be considered for this career opportunity. Failure to provide such information may influence the processing and outcome of your application. You are responsible for ensuring that the information you submit is accurate and up-to-date.
BELIEVE IN BETTER
At AIA we’ve started an exciting movement to create a healthier, more sustainable future for everyone. It's about finding new ways to not only better people's lives, but to better the communities and environments we live in.
As the largest listed company on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, we’ve been proudly making a difference for people and communities across Asia for over a century. And we build on this every day with our ambition to engage one billion people to live Healthier, Longer, Better Lives by 2030.
If you work at AIA, you play an important part in this movement. Which is why we give you every opportunity to learn, grow and shape your career - your way.
Inspiring and supporting you to thrive - not just at work, but in life.
Believe in better with AIA.
EXPLORE WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT
View our AIA LinkedIn page
Bring your difference to AIA