If any of the above apply please continue reading, you might be a great fit for this role, please be in touch!
- Do you have experience in seismic design of reinforced concrete structures?
- Do you have a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Civil Engineering?
- Have you got a background in a heavily regulated industry i.e. nuclear, rail, oil and gas?
Your role will be supporting a small dedicated transverse team who provide technical expertise across a number of civil building design teams for the Nuclear Island of the HPC Nuclear New Building Project.
Qualifications and Experience
- Receive, analyse and verify the consistency of the input data.
- Produces technical deliverables for which they are responsible (design hypotheses, methodology and assumption notes, calculation notes).
- Perform technical verifications of civil engineering design notes, models and drawings.
- Management of transverse civil engineering open points through to resolution.
- Review and acceptance of Level 3 Civil Design Substantiation Reports.
- Collaboration and engagement with stakeholders to ensure consistency of civil transverse knowledge and approach across full scope of NI Buildings, through meetings and surveillance.
- Liaise with, and support to site-based engineering teams to facilitate resolution of issues that can impact site construction.
- Liaise with subject matter expects to utilise learning and knowledge from the wider organisation.
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in civil engineering.
- Minimum of 4 years’ of relevant experience.
- Civil engineering design office experience, particularly in the design of industrial reinforced concrete structures.
- Experience in seismic design of reinforced concrete structures.
- Experience of the HPC project.
- Knowledge of and/or experience of civil engineering design contracts in the nuclear sector or other heavily regulated industry (such as oil & gas, rail).
- Project management qualification and/or experience.
Millbank Holdings Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity, we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons who are eligible to live and work in the UK. Millbank is proud to be a member of the ‘Disability Confident Scheme’. Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.
If this sounds like you, we'd love to hear from you.
If you’re looking for a new opportunity and have the skills set that our client is looking for, apply with your current CV today and a member of the Millbank team will be in touch.
Millbank Holdings Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons who are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Millbank is proud to be a member of the ‘Disability Confident Scheme’.
Millbank operates as an Employment Agency and Business.
Production begins at Ellesmere Port factory in Cheshire
Additional £341 million investment from Government
Manchester project producing hydrogen and graphene
Contract signed for IMSR Fuel Plant at Springfields, Preston
A significant boost for renewable integration in the UK
A captivating exhibition to inspire future innovators