- We may use pixel tags or scripts supplied by various job boards to track when you navigate to our website from a job board and submit a job application.Flex uses this information on an anonymous basis, this helps us understand the efficiency of our recruiting campaigns. Further information on these pixel tags or scripts may be provided by the job board site you have used.
Flex, a Fortune global 500 company, is the diversified manufacturing partner of choice that helps market-leading brands design, build and deliver innovative products that improve the world.
We believe in the power of diversity and inclusion and cultivate a workplace culture of belonging that views uniqueness as a competitive edge and builds a community that enables our people to push the limits of innovation to make great products that create value and improve people's lives.
A career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference and invest in your growth in a respectful, inclusive, and collaborative environment. If you are excited about a role but don't meet every bullet point, we encourage you to apply and join us to create the extraordinary.
To support our extraordinary teams who build great products and contribute to our growth, we’re looking to add a Component Engineer to be in Prai, Penang.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Facilitate and identify opportunities for the redesign or component substitution to provide cost reduction, reliability, and quality improvement, and manage commodities in identifying opportunities to source with Flex preferred suppliers.
- Apply corporate sourcing procedures and processes.
- Select, find sources for, and qualify components used.
- Provide technical backup for alternate sourcing recommendations, such as identifying relevant specification differences and board design changes required and providing the interface with the supplier’s design team.
- Apply written specifications, performance requirements, and quality inspection criteria.
- Collaborate with component suppliers, development engineers, and manufacturing.
- Participate in the rapid development of industry environmental compliance requirements (ROHS/WEEE) at the upstream supply chain management to ensure full compliance to Flextron/Customer implementation requirements such as supply chain compliance with global legislative requirements pertaining to lead elimination and reduction of hazardous substances in electronics products.
- Provide technical support to Flext Design Centers and different market segments as needed to resolve manufacturing problems of moderate scope related to component performance, component handling requirement & process, or internal/customer issues.
- Maintain component data management system including qualification records/results/documentation.
- Develop written specifications, performance requirements, and quality inspection criteria.
- Liaise with component suppliers, development engineers, and manufacturing.
- Provide customers with materials procurement and engineering support to meet their lead-free and environmental compliance requirements.
- Work with the development community and manufacturing teams to ensure that components are compatible with lead-free manufacturing processes.
The experience we’re looking to add to our team:
- Degree or equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of related experience in manufacturing processes and supply chain management.
- Demonstrates advanced functional and technical skills and basic process skills.
- Able to exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies in Proficiency in Microsoft Office and material management.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and supply chain management.
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide:
- Medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
Job CategoryProduction Engineering
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the application process. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll discuss your specific situation and next steps (NOTE: this email does not accept or consider resumes or applications. This is only for disability assistance. To be considered for a position at Flex, you must complete the application process first).
Let's stay in touch!
Join our talent community to learn more about job opportunities, company news and events.