Manages the payroll operations and human resources data processing function for salaried, hourly and commissioned personnel. Develops and implements procedures and policies to enhance the effectiveness of the payroll function. Understands global payroll strategy and planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages and ensures the efficient operation of the payroll function including successfully posting of GL.
- Evaluates processes on a regular basis and develops, implements and recommends policies and procedures designed to improve processes within the department. Ensures timely communication of changes to payroll policies, procedures and regulations.
- Coordinates with appropriate agencies and departments on a regular basis to ensure compliance with all government reporting requirements, ensures that quarterly forms, tax filings, annual reporting, year end employee documents and are completed on a timely basis.
- Researches new payroll regulations and develops, implements and recommends new or modified policies as appropriate with payroll governance team.
- Coordinates, documents and resolves internal controls weaknesses.
- Collaborates with Audit (internal/External) on payroll. Reviews, proposes and executes management action plan.
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within single functional or operational area.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCES
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business, Management, Organizational Development, Service Management or relevant field.
- Minimum 7 to 10 years of experience in HR Shared Services primarily payroll processing and benefits administration and/or other HR general operations.
- Have prior shared service or customer service experience supporting Asia Pacific region or multiple countries.
- Prior experience in Peoplesoft (Oracle) or other relational HRIS databases. (preferred)
- Prior experience using case management/ticketing tool, ServiceNow. (preferred)
- Prior experience in vendor and stakeholders management
- Proficient knowledge in using Microsoft Office suite, including Excel, Word Power point, and Teams.
- Must have high attention to detail and be focused on accuracy.
- Third party payroll vendor and human resources information systems (HRIS) system experience desired.