WORK STATION: PETALING JAYA, MALAYSIA
The purpose of this position is to advise and manage QHSE (Quality, Environmental Health and Safety)programs relative to the Project Management (PjM) organization within CBRE GWS.
The QHSE Manager will be responsible to oversee QHSE programmes, initiatives, reporting, monitoring & compliance within the assigned geography. Supporting other nominated countries/clients/accounts & Lines of Business (LOB’s) as directed by the Head of Projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Initiates and works the activities of multiple, major QHSE project operations in the Local segments of the PjM line of business.
- Ensures that project efforts, throughout the project management lifecycle are cohesive, consistent, and effective in supporting the global QHSE and Project Management mission, goals, and strategic plan.
- Executes QHSE standards, policies, and operating objectives are consistent with those of the QHSE/PjM organization to ensure efficient and effective implementation of major cross-discipline projects and/or projects tied to strategic priorities.
- Key to success will be using strong leadership, communication, and project management skills to develop the department including establishing robust controls to ensure high quality project delivery.
- Participates in, advises and oversees the implementation, development, and maintenance of individual project objectives and short- and long-range plans; tracks progress and audits programs to assist in the accomplishment of established project goals and objectives until project is complete. Works within project management workstreams and technology
- Manages influentially with Project Managers, Leaders and QHSE Professionals to manage risk and compliance throughout the project lifecycle.
- Monitors, reports and aids in investigation of health and safety and environmental regulatory compliance within the project, report KPI status, or geographical/contractual area of responsibility.
- Timely communicates all findings, concerns and non-conformances to the responsible management team and ensures that issues, concerns and deficiencies are corrected. Develops and implements strategic solutions that will support project managers’ efforts to improve and maintain compliance as required.
- Reviews and oversees all work processes and conditions to ensure HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) protective measures are optimized. Develops, recommend preventative and improvement measures to ensure the enhancement of QHSE programs.
- Manages the working relationships between project managers, QHSE professionals, GWS leadership principle business and operational stakeholders, and high-level external constituencies.
- Support appropriate and effective business communication through leadership, advice, reviews, and direct contribution to meetings, briefings, consultation forums, correspondence, publicity, monthly and ad-hoc reporting and other publications, as necessary and appropriate.
- Support the health, safety and environment aspects of the new business winning process through solutions development, participation in presentations and consultation meetings, bid and contract generation and review through to support during mobilisation and resourcing activities on contracts.
- Consults, coordinates, and serves as principal liaison with project manager leaders on risk management, QHSE procedures and process, knowledgeable understanding of regulatory requirements within region, QHSE improvement, and management.
- Collaborates among peers and QHSE leadership to execute programmatic goals and priorities for business and technology solutions to meet individual component and LOB needs.
- Maintains currency of knowledge with respect to the QHSE strategic directions and plans, and relevant state-of-the-art systems and technology.
- Acts as an HSE (Health, Safety and Environmental) SME (Subject Matter Expert). Provides direct and timely counsel and information to management for the account, market area, or geographical region in matters pertaining to QHSE, compliance, trends, performance and concerns.
- Other duties may be assigned