- Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for leading and managing the Customer Engineering Projects, Maintenance, Application Equipment (AE)services, Generated Gas system backup and support and other new application for respective region in Malaysia.
The primary responsibility of this position is to ensure that all activities of the bulk liquid, microbulk, AE etc. maintenance and projects are executed in a safe manner according to AP guidelines, procedures and best practices so that in general this builds up the AP safety culture.
Nature and Scope
This position is responsible to lead and manage a CE team for a region with comply of EHS procedure, engineering procedure , local authority guideline and regulation and external party (customer) procedure.
This person needs to have sufficient experience in gas application and project installation. This person needs to have good communication skills and written knowledge in English. This person needs to interact and communicate with customer on regular basis on technical issues. Also required is good computer skills in Microsoft office and draughting tools.
- Ensure the Company customers get the best services in terms of prompt installation of Customer Stations and professional engineering services.
- Ensure system is in place to maintain a database on all customer stations installed.
- To ensure that regular preventative maintenance and regular inspection are performed on our equipment so that customers do not encounter plants/lines shutdown as a result of negligence of such services.
- Supervise the activities of CE Engineers and support Sales in bidding for prospective customer’s requirements via better sourcing and negotiations with vendors.
- Oversee coordinates and providing engineering/technical services/advices/training to the customers on usage and storage of liquefied and compressed gases.
- That in any job execution, APCI safety practices are adhered to and any accidents/incidents is to be reported promptly so that correction actions can be made after thorough investigations.
- Conducts training and when necessary to engineering personnel to improve their knowledge and skills so that they can perform their job better and effectively.
- Review proposal for engineers and provide guidance when necessary.
- Assist Purchasing in evaluating and maintaining a list of suppliers for equipment services providers and consultants.
- Implement EH&S action plan and lead all EH&S related initiatives and requirements to ensure compliance with Air Products objectives and National Legislation.
- The standard costings are carried out so that with a costing data base, this can be used to compare the vendors’ bids for the projects and arrive at a competitive pricing which will enhance our chances of securing the jobs awards.
- Support large capital project installation, non-standard projects and expansions such as Onsite Generated Gases Equipment and subsequent maintenance support.
- Lead the team in the execution of AE and CPI related projects.
- He/She shall play the role of Food Safety team to support in developing and implementing of the ISO22000 Food Safety Management System.
- Leading Microbulk activities for Malaysia team including compliance to Volume 16, project execution, resource inventories and maintenance.
- Leading the team to monitor and handling of spare parts inventory activities for CE Shah Alam warehouse.
- Responsible for compliance of DOSH requirement for our supply system at customer site.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in Chemical/Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 4-5 years working experience in projects executions and some operational and hands-on experiences would be an advantage.