Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer with 2 to 5 years experience in the oil and gas (Offshore platfrom).
Skills / Qualifications
Candidate must have a recognised B.Sc. or B.E. Degree in Mechanical or similar education background with at least two (2) to five (5) years working experience in the Oil and Gas (O&G) industry pertaining to offshore and onshore production facilities and mechanical design.
Areas in which knowledge and experience required but not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain Project Master Equipment List
- Experience in preparation of Mechanical specification for static, rotating and package equipment
- Experience in preparation of datasheet for static, rotating and package equipment
- Experience in preparation of Material Requisition static, rotating and package equipment
- Working knowledge of applicable international codes and standards ( API, ASME, ANSI, ASTM, ISO, TEMA, European Directives (as applicable), NACE, NFPA, NORSOK)
- Experience in use and understanding of implementation of company specification such as PTS (Petronas), DEP (Shell), GP, MPDS (Exxonmobil), etc
- Capable to understanding to read Process and Instrument Diagram (P&ID)
- Able to work with other discipline on requesting input and providing input
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Ability to interface with equipment suppliers or vendors such as request for information, budgetary proposal and basic technical evaluation
- Basic understanding on technical bid evaluation (TBE) activities such as preparation of TBE criteria and TBE evaluation
- Basic understanding of Vendor Data Review (VDR) and Vendor Data Incorporation (VDI) related activities
- Basic understanding in offshore platform and onshore facility material handling requirements and preparation material handling study report
- Able to assist senior and lead engineer in preparation of Equipment Layout
- Proficient in Naviswork for review of 3D model
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.