Want to build a stronger, more sustainable future and cultivate your career? Join Cargill's global team of 155,000 employees who are committed to safe, responsible and sustainable ways to nourish the world. This position is in Cargill’s food ingredients and bio-industrial business, where we anticipate trends around taste, nutrition and safety to innovate and provide solutions to manufacturers, retailers and foodservice companies.
Job Purpose and Impact
The Process Engineer applies engineering techniques to assist in the improvement of manufacturing processes and products. In this role, you will provide technical support, operations experience, continuous improvement and project management skills in a plant support capacity that ensures safe, efficient and low-cost plant operations.
- Plant Technical knowhow – this related to the processing flow for all the manufacturing unit in the facility. Which covers Lauric processing plant and Soft Oil Processing Plant
- EHS & Process Safety – All aspect of EHS and on process safety control and management
- Food Safety/Product Quality - Ability to understand and cascade on FS element ; PRP program, CCP, HACCP and GMP standards.
- Operation Responsiveness – this covers the knowhow on what to reaction for any safety, FS, security, environmental incident.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience
- Other minimum qualifications may apply
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hons) Chemical/Mechanical Engineering
- 3 to 4 years’ experience in Palm Oil Refinery preferably in Soft Oil
- Involve in Process Optimization & knowledge in PFD/P&ID plant drawings.
- Basic knowledge in EHS, Food Safety System, Quality Management System (ISO 9001, ISO 140001, FSSC 22000, GMP+B2, Halal & Kosher, MOH HACCP)
- Ability to facilitate study and improvement activities within a team e.g, RCA, criticality study.
- Good interpersonal skill to build a strong team with good cooperation.
- Good conflict management skill
- Conviction – words must be put into action to show genuine effort and need for change.
- Working experience in oil & fats industry
- Strong data analysis capabilities including continuous improvement experience or certifications
- Possesses working knowledge of engineering subject matter
- Project management experience gained through prior experience
- Experience with Green Belt, Lean or Six Sigma methodologies
- Willing to be based at West Port