Bosch has been present in Malaysia since 1923, represented by Robert Bosch Sdn Bhd. In Malaysia, Bosch is active in four business sectors: Mobility Solutions, Industrial Technology, Consumer Goods, and Energy and Building Technology. The company has three manufacturing sites and research and development offices in Penang, producing automotive electronics, power tools and steering systems, and soon a fourth plant with a final testing centre for sensors and semiconductors. In 2020, Bosch Malaysia generated consolidated sales of RM 518.4 million (108.1 million euros), and currently employs more than 4,000 associates.
PgP5 Plant is Bosch Group’s newest expansion in Malaysia a semiconductor test site in Batu Kawan Penang. The construction has begun in May 2021 and first series of production to commence in 2023. With the long-term forecasts for growth of semiconductor component quantities, coupled with the front-end production in Bosch’s Dresden facility in Germany, capacity expansion is required for the back-end production, which is the final testing phase of semiconductors and sensors. PgP5 will primarily focus on the final testing of components manufactured at Bosch Automotive Electronics’ fab in Dresden, Germany. The plant will also house R&D and training facilities.
Bosch in Malaysia is a part of the Bosch Group, a leading global supplier of technology and services. The Bosch Group’s strategic objective is to deliver innovations for a connected life. Bosch improves quality of life worldwide with products and services that are innovative and spark enthusiasm. In short, Bosch creates technology that is “Invented for life”.
- To ensure achievement of quality, cost and delivery targets of the produced products
- To ensure achievement of yield targets of the products
- To analyze conspicuous lots and prepare decision proposal to SE-Team
What you'll do
- Overall responsibility of Bosch semiconductor product and lead plant-specific simultaneous engineering team consisting of test engineer, process engineers for:-
- achieving quality, cost, delivery targets. Implementation of cost saving measures.
- achieving yield targets, analyze conspicuous lots and to define further actions for the lots
- Participation in leadplant engineering meetings, discussions and stand in for plant specific interests. Reporting of plant specific topics and KPIs, regarding products.
- Ensure implementation and coordination of product and process new product releases and related changes
- Ensure ramp-up / ramp-down of products, including engineering trials and sample production.
- Responsible for Test data analysis, statistical analysis for yield improvement, lot evaluation and evaluation of customer returns. Root cause analysis of failure parts.
- Analysis of issues related to product and test system combinations
- Issuing of concessions, risk assessments, engineering change requests in cooperation with leadplant. Responsible for plant specific product documents.
- In case of quality issues, responsible for implementation of containments, root cause analysis and definition/implementation of corrective actions.
- Participation in Cost Savings Meetings
- Responsible for the whole process chain of a product
- Definition of criteria for active lots release in cooperation with leadplant.
- Coaching/Training of Operators.
- Execute any other related duties assigned by immediate supervisor from time to time.
What you'll need to succeed in this role
- Minimum 5 to 10 years working experience of product engineering in the semiconductor industry environment
- At least a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or Physics
- Able to work in a team for transferring technical known how.
- Able to perform test data and statistical data analysis, including interpretation
- Able to analyze product, production/test related problems and to resolve them
- Semiconductor processing and product know-how
- Able to lead technical discussion together with product design team, process engineering, leadplant
- Able to lead a team of engineers
- Able to instruct operators
- Team leading abilities
- Able to implement lean processes
- Able to determine cost saving potential
- Able to understand the correlations quality, cost and delivery
- Readiness to reduce CO2 according to company target
- Open for business trip and able to travel to China and Germany for training
- Leave Entitlement eg: Annual Leave, Medical Leave