Project Lead Engineer
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
Join us as Project Lead Engineer where you will be responsible for technical lead for all engineering activities in assignments classified as medium to high engineering complexity. Ensuring that activities related to all engineering disciplines within the project are efficiently and cost-effectively executed in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
Reporting to Service Evolution Engineering Manager you will be collaborating on project installation, commissioning, and site activities, clarifying potential issues or providing solutions to correct engineering errors.
This position is based in Subang Jaya,Malaysia.
- Evaluating, selecting, and applying standard techniques, procedures, and criteria to perform task or sequence of tasks, for conventional projects with few complex features
- Acting as a design authority for a particular engineering discipline and completing engineering assignments for that discipline
- Attending project meetings and presenting all technical aspects of project assignments
- Coaching project engineers and designers on the translation of conceptual designs to engineering documentation, including modelling, proto-typing and calculations
- Leading supervises, and coordinating teams in all engineering disciplines (both in-house and outsourced) on medium to high complexity projects
- Ensuring that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations and contractual requirements
- Supporting the project manager in overall project risk, opportunity assessments and implementation of resulting actions
- Creating work plans and cost estimation for the project in consultation with respective project managers and ensuring quality deliverables on time and at targeted cost
- Bachelor’s degree Automation, Instrumentation, Electrical
- More than 5 years of experience in the relevant field
- Should have project lead - with good competency to work on ABB Automation products S+, 800XA
- Good to have Cyber Security, Safety System, IT/IS/OT system knowledge
- A strong focus on safe work practices and dedication to following all relevant workplace safety guidelines
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills
- Life insurance
- Accident insurance
- Paid Parental leave (gender neutral)
- Sick pay
More about us
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste.
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Recruitment Agencies please be aware that this role is being managed by the internal ABB Talent team directly. We will reach out to our preferred agency partners should we require support. Your adherence to our process is appreciated
Work model: hybrid #LI-hybrid