Press Tab to Move to Skip to Content Link
Posting Date: 12 Sep 2023
Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan, MY
Company: UOB Innovation Hub 2 Sdn. Bhd.
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values — Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
UOB Innovation Hub 2 (InnoHub 2) is a newly set up technology centre located in Kuala Lumpur as part of UOB Group Technology and Operations to deliver innovative financial technology solutions that enable business growth and technology transformation.
Join and Report to Technical Delivery Manager to deliver projects and change agenda.
• To be the key person in Risk applications Software/Hardware installations needed for new projects (eg GSOC), Tech Refresh, Patching, Performance tuning, DR testing and all other infra structure related activities.
• Develop, review and update technical delivery project plans, runbooks and manage the required resources, budgets and time-frames.
• Provide leadership for the technology applications & platforms owned by the Risk Team.
• Participate and contribute in the data, design and solution discussions with vendor and user groups.
• Work and closely coordinate with other technical teams (infra/network/storage/DB/Security) to deliver results within agreed parameters
• Identify and raise risks and issues affecting the project and proactively managing them, with timely escalation to relevant parties where necessary.
• Manage relationships across all business stakeholders and with external parties including
vendor teams to ensure timely delivery of assigned activities.
• Ensure work deliverables are compliant with bank policies and regulatory requirements
1. Project Delivery Management
a) Plan technical deliverables (including any system enhancements and upgrades) to meet
Project’s requirements within allocated budget and schedule.
b) Plan & collaborate across different application teams to manage technical dependencies of
c) Monitor and manage risks /issues related to infrastructure setup and technical delivery
d) Provide status update related to technical delivery to Project Manager/Technical Delivery Manager
2. Requirements Management
a) Engage with System Analyst & SME to collate, understand and finalize functional and
3. Design & Development
a) Partner with Architects and Dev. Manager to ensure solution design complies with
enterprise design principles, security and control standards
b) Partner with Development Manager in managing application teams to build the
4. Test Management
a) Partner with Test Manager to ensure completion of SIT, UAT testing, regression/performance / load
testing and application security testing with quality results
5. Implementation Management
a) Prepare technical implementation plan across application teams
b) Coordinate technical implementation activities with release team and across application teams to ensure
non-event production cutover and adequate post implementation support
The Technology and Operations function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches.
• Technical Development/Delivery Manager with more than 6 years of relevant experience in financial services industry, and preferably have managed teams with minimal 2 members
• Good and proven fundamental knowledge of Project Management and implementation
• Strong Technical & hands-on experience/knowledge in the infra/connections/network and can engage our infra team to build new servers/connectivity as part of key deliverables in SDLC/Agile methodologies
• Strong functional knowledge & hands-on experience in the Risk domain, covering Enterprise, Operational, Fraud detection is preferred
The candidate should:
• Have good interpersonal and communications skills
• Have strong people & team leadership skills
• Have good organizational skills and stakeholder management skills, with experience at coordinating multiple stakeholders in a diverse organization
• Have good presentation skills
• Be a self-starter, and able to work independently
• Able to work within ambiguity
• Have strong delivery ability and able to see end-to-end closure of issues to hit delivery commitments with focus & discipline
• In depth experience in operating systems (Unix, Linux, Windows) & Middleware (Weblogic, MQ, IIS, WebSphere, Tomcat, Connect Direct, SFTP)
• Strong knowledge on server hardware in VM and Physical server environments & Application Infrastructure Service Delivery.
• To be a quick learner - Gain working level knowledge in any new tools and technology as needed
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.
Last active - few days ago
Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, etc.)
RM12.5K - RM16.7K
few days ago