GMG is a global well-being company retailing, distributing and manufacturing a portfolio of leading international and home-grown brands across sport, food and health sectors. Its vision is to inspire people to win in ways that make the world better. Today, GMG’s investments span across four key verticals: GMG Sports, GMG Food, GMG Health, and GMG Consumer Goods. Under the ownership and management of the Baker family, it has become a leading global company, affiliated with the world’s most successful and respected brands in the well-being sector. Working across the Middle East, North Africa, and Asia, GMG has introduced more than 120 brands into its markets.
The Talent Acquisition Executive is responsible for executing the recruitment plans and to ensure all manpower requirements of the GMG are met as per the defined recruitment policy.
- Ensures all recruitment policies, processes and templates are adhered to and recommends improvements based on business needs and best practices.
- Conducts research and implements sourcing strategies to develop a pipeline of candidate for key roles and positions anticipated based on business requirements.
- Maintains relationships with universities and participates in university career fairs.
- Stays current on trends in recruitment, use of alternative sourcing channels and innovativemethods of recruitment and selection.
- Identifies manpower requirements, verifies manpower requisitions, reviews submitted jobdescriptions and selects the most appropriate channel of recruitment to source candidates.
- Prepares and posts recruitment advertisements on internal and external job portals andcoordinates externally with recruitment agencies to ensure all appropriate recruitmentchannels are activated for a particular open position.
- Interacts with managers to discuss recruitment requests and to understand other contextualand qualitative information of the job.
- Sources candidates, conducts interviews and coordinates with Business Units to set upinterviews with line managers for shortlisted candidates.
- Obtain pre approvals for employment offers and employment contracts (for junior andmid-level positions) in line with GMG guidelines and compensation policies.
- Conducts reference checks for candidates and collects required documents for visaprocessing and employee information filing.
- Manages applicant tracking systems and updates recruitment related reports and assists inanalysis to ensure that regular updates and recruitment status is provided to management.
- Defines performancegoals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting managerand ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year.
- Takes ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs inconsultation with the manager and agreeing on the individual development plan which goesbeyond just training and development.
- Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues throughcontinued education and professional growth.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Strong English and Bahasa Malaysia language skills (written and spoken).
- Internal interactions - Senior Management/ Divisions/ Business Units/ Departments.