We’ve helped millions to fight their way through fearsome mobs in Minecraft Dungeons, battle each other and the environment in Rust: Console Edition and most recently worked with Bethesda Game Studios to craft new adventures for Vault Dwellers around the world in Fallout 76.
We proudly source the very best talent from all around the world to create games played by millions of people.
As a Talent Lead at Double Eleven, you’ll source the very best technical talent from all around the world to join our team at our new studio in Mid Valley City.
In this high impact role, you’ll join our Global Talent team to deliver a kind and fair candidate experience through a highly engaged direct sourcing approach to hire as well as establish future talent pipelines.
You’ll support the Global Talent Manager to deliver a people-focussed service. As the Global Talent Manager is based in our UK office, this will be a standalone role in our KL studio where you’ll work closely with the Studio Manager and People Lead.
Excitingly, you’ll need to be ready for an adventure to Middlesbrough (UK) at least once a year to spend time with the wider teams at our brand new HQ studio.
We can support in-county KL relocation and have a dedicated People and Operations team on standby to assist you and your family with every step to us.
Strictly no agencies (sorry guys!) and we’re unable to sponsor a visa for this role.
Would you enjoy
- Formulating creative hiring strategies to find the best talent in gaming
- Being part of an amazing team working on multiple AAA titles
- Being trusted to work independently and proactively to the highest standards
- Working in a highly creative and energising gaming environment
What you'll be doing
- Oversee all KL recruitment operations and report insights to the Global Talent Manager
- Optimising your most effective sourcing tactics and strategies to conceive practical and creative ways to identify quality talent and invest time activating passive candidates through a highly engaged approach
- Using a data-driven approach to recruiting; regularly track and analyse the market, the pipeline and performance of our resources
- Coaching hiring managers and hiring team members on best practice hiring (including advice around various attraction and selection methodologies)
- Work with both internal and external Recruiters to formulate sourcing plans and innovative search strategies to attract a broad and diverse community of technology talent
- Fostering meaningful and trusting relationships with passive talent while gaining an understanding of their ambitions and needs as part of talent pipeline management
- Creating a meaningful candidate experience by constructing narratives for each open vacancy when going to market and updating hiring managers on the market
- Tracking goals, metrics and performance of the hiring cycle; regularly communicating results to the team
- Coaching members of our Talent team around research, sourcing strategies for talent pooling, market mapping, labour laws (recruitment and selection) and best practice stakeholder management
- Facilitating and lead meetings, key initiatives and projects that will continuously improve and scale our recruiting operations and delivery in Kuala Lumpur
- Using insights and market intelligence to make data informed decisions and report key insights
- Maintaining high standards when operating within our ATS to ensure integrity of data
- Helping drive recruiting initiatives, including diversity, equality & inclusion, university relations, talent communities and other partners
- Establishing and maintaining strong relationships with internal stakeholders as well as with external partners
What we're looking for
- Proven full-cycle in house recruiting experience from entry level to director level
- Have a thorough understanding of the complete in house talent acquisition function, including: research, sourcing, networking, competency and behaviour based selection techniques as well as fair offer negotiation
- Experience with international work permit and visa processes
- An excellent understanding of labour laws related to recruitment and selection
- Someone who can pivot and comfortable with the ebb and flow of the games industry and changing recruitment needs
- Knowledge of the latest sourcing methods
- A detective when it comes to finding talent. You ask the right questions, seek to understand and enjoy scouring the market to achieve a positive outcome
- You strive to deliver a best-in-class, personalised candidate experience
- The ability to create positive relationships with all "customers" including candidates, hiring managers, hiring teams as well as with our senior leaders
- Experience using Applicant Tracking Systems (we use Workable!)
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, able to take charge and get things done despite the unknowns
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills. This includes understanding and communicating respectfully and effectively with candidates and stakeholders from many different countries and cultures
- All relevant qualifications considered
What to expect
- Competitive salary which is regularly benchmarked against the market as well as an annual pay review as part of an appraisal
- Flexible start time (start anytime between 8:00am and 10:00am)
- Flexible lunch hours
- Up to 10 free discretionary annual leave days during December (we’ve never not had these) + annual leave + gazetted public holiday + your birthday + a free moving day if needed
- Personal development plan designed in conjunction with you, your manager and our Learning & Development Manager mapped against a clear progression framework
- Company private healthcare cover in-patient and out-patient for employee, spouse and children
- Potential for annual performance bonuses and an end of year bonus
- State of the art office facilities
- Constantly improving tools and workflow so you can focus on creativity
- Fast decision-making to allow you thrive
- Free juice, hot drinks, fruit and monthly free team lunches
- Employee referral bonus (up to MYR5,000!)
- Opportunity to attend and speak at global events as a Double Eleven Ambassador
- Sponsored team activities
- In-studio wellbeing programmes and support
- Opportunity to contribute to our internal Employee Diversity and Equality Network
- Game swag and merchandise
- Maternity, paternity (14 days paid leave), adoption and dependent leave available.
- Free on site parking
Ways to reach us
If you have a general query or if you need support with your application and/or an alternative way to apply, please do not hesitate to contact our Recruitment team at email@example.com