about the company
Randstad is partnering with one of the legal organization in KL and with year-to-year growth, one would like to explore with them to grow their career
about the job
Our client is currently looking for an Head of AML/CFT and this role requires you to:
The Head of AML/CFT Compliance must have extensive knowledge of the AML/CFT regime in Malaysia. As the Head of the AML/CFT Compliance, your primary role is to establish an AML/CFT Compliance Unit in the organization Secretariat. You are expected to lead and manage the said unit in collaboration with Bank Negara Malaysia for the formation and operation of a self-regulatory body (“SRB”) for the legal profession.
- Facilitate coordination and collaboration between Bank Negara Malaysia and our company to support the AML/CFT regulatory compliance requirements of the legal sector.
- Provide advice and recommendations pertaining to AML/CFT and the formation of the SRB.
- Establish, manage, and lead an AML/CFT unit in our company’s Secretariat to support the overall operational requirements pertaining to AML/CFT.
- Liaise with Bank Negara Malaysia, financial institutions, government bodies and agencies, and relevant regulatory bodies with respect to matters pertaining to AML/CFT, and keep abreast of current legislation, guidelines, and other regulatory requirements.
- Report to the Chief Executive Officer (“CEO”) and Deputy Chief Executive Officer (“DCEO”) on matters pertaining to the AML/CFT regulatory compliance functions and requirements.
- Perform other ad hoc duties or special projects assigned by the CEO and DCEO
skills & experience required
- Possess an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in a relevant field, preferably in Law, Finance, Economics, Accountancy, or Business Administration. Compliance-related qualifications, such as professional accreditation or certification in AML/CFT, will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years’ professional experience within the legal and/or financial services sectors, specialising in regulatory compliance, and audit and risk management, including at least five years in a managerial or supervisory position.
- Possess extensive regulatory knowledge of the AML/CFT compliance requirements and a fundamental understanding of emerging issues / trends relevant to regulations, compliance, risk management, and industry best practices.
- Possess sound knowledge of the Legal Profession Act 1976; Financial Services Act 2013; Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Act 2001; policies of the Financial Action Task Force, and AMLA’s subsidiary legislation and relevant instruments.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Able to build and maintain professional relationships with internal and external parties, including law firms, financial institutions, government bodies and agencies, and relevant regulatory bodies.
- Excellent command of English and good command of Bahasa Malaysia, both written and spoken.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills. Must exercise a high degree of sound judgment in decision-making.
- Possess a sense of discretion and able to maintain confidentiality.
- Self-motivated, dedicated, with a strong sense of purpose and responsibility, and possess strong leadership skills.
- Adaptive and collaborative, yet able to work independently in a challenging environment with minimum supervision.
- High level of computer literacy, including proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite or Google Workplace applications. Able to use online management systems
culture & benefits
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals in interested to bolster and grow their career with a steadily growing company. This company offer a salary of up to RM 12,000.00 and benefits.
how to apply:
This is an excellent opportunity for individuals to bolster and grow their career with a steadily growing company with an abundance of opportunity. If you are keen on furthering your career with this role, kindly send your updated resume to Bryant.email@example.com to apply or contact Bryant at
+6016-4140218 for further enquiries.
no additional skills required
no additional qualifications required